POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Non-Point Light sources? : Non-Point Light sources? Server Time
13 Aug 2024 05:46:58 EDT (-0400)
  Non-Point Light sources?
From: James Fitzgerald
Date: 22 Oct 1998 20:06:33
Message: <362FB99E.AC215E59@argoneng.com>
I apologize if this type of question has been asked before,
but is there such a thing as a non point light source?

I was looking to do like a light house type of beam
of light (I'm using the media features and a spotlight),
but it looks strange with the light only coming from
one point.

Is there anyway to have a an object emit light?
Kind of like a flashlight (where it appears as if
the end of a cylinder is emitting light?

Should I try adding in some mirror objects (kind
of like a real flashlight) and use a regular (non-spot)
light source, or should I use multiple spotlights,
or something else?

Thanks for any help.

-JamesF.
James Fitzgerald             Argon Engineering Associates Inc.
Jam### [at] argonengcom          (703) 591-3614 x103